Information about 'QGE (The Queen's gurkha Engineers)'
The first Gurkha Engineers were formed in 1948 in Malaya. Further Squadrons followed and in 1951 the Regimental Headquarters of a Field Engineer Regiment was formed in Hong Kong.
The Captain (Queen Gurkha officer) is in No 1 Dress. His Kilmarnock cap is dark blue with two bands of gold lace, a gold tourie and Regimental badge. The tunic and trousers are dark blue, the latter with a wide scarlet stripe. The pouch belt is unusual being of red patent leather with gilt fittings. The sword is the 1897 infantry pattern with scrolled steel guard and steel scabbard. Black gloves and shoes are worn.
The Queen’s Gurkha Engineer is equipped for diving. Army divers are responsible for underwater reconnaissance. They can clear and lay mines and other obstacles on river banks and beaches. They are trained in underwater demolition techniques and they assist with underwater construction work
In September 1988 the Regiment was given the Freedom of the City of Rochester.
|Your cart contents
Zero Reviews have been Submitted for this Product.